As part of plans introduced to start off the spring 2021 semester remotely, the College is urging pupils who dwell off campus to postpone their return to their campus community unless it is necessary for work, tutorial-program-certain reasons or other important circumstances. Pupils who will have to return to their campus neighborhood right before Feb. 15 or who have remained in their campus neighborhood above winter crack will be necessary to get and total a absolutely free COVID-19 take a look at ahead of their arrival.
The subsequent methods must be taken by all students who are returning to their campus communities right before Feb. 15:
- Students from all campuses are demanded to take part in COVID-19 testing and have a adverse COVID test result on file prior to their return to their campus neighborhood. Self-examination kits will be offered to learners at no value.
- The University designs to have a exam consequence on file for just about every pupil inside 72 several hours of their meant return.
- Learners who have a favourable take a look at on file with the University from in the last 90 days do not need to complete this testing.
- College students really should decide their specific arrival day and depend backwards to comprehensive every phase on the timeline.
To steer clear of delays due to the getaway period and delivery things to consider, college students should use the timeline recommendations beneath to rely backwards and figure out the dates when they have to have to finish every move:
21 times before you system to get there: Log in to the “Know Your Status” Portal to verify your examination status.
- Know Your Status can also be accessed on the Penn Point out Go app, which is accessible to download in the Google Engage in Store and Apple Application Retail store.
- Log in with your Penn State Obtain Account to check your “test status” and track your development by means of the testing course of action the University also will be able to keep track of your development.
- You require to total testing before you return, unless you have a COVID-positive test result from the very last 90 times on history in the portal. You can also upload a positive exam end result from the last 90 times from a third-bash PCR take a look at.
- Continue to keep in intellect, the timing to order and finish the exam will vary for every college student dependent on their planned return.
14 days (at least) before: Get your at-dwelling test kit
- Vault Health will mail your check kit to your current place of home, together with in-depth directions to finish the take a look at with a Vault Well being representative virtually.
5 days in advance of: Get your test and mail it again 5 times prior to you strategy to return to your campus community. A pre-compensated expedited shipping label is involved.
- For the duration of the period of time of numerous times before becoming tested, you must acquire extra safety measures. As considerably as doable, restrict your interactions with many others to only the essentials.
- Will not take in, drink or chew gum for 30 minutes prior to getting your test.
- Acquire your take a look at in a Zoom assembly with a Vault Wellbeing representative.
3 days ahead of: Students should receive take a look at success from Vault Health within 72 hours of the test arriving at the lab. Test benefits will be automatically uploaded to the University’s portal.
- If your examination consequence is beneficial: Isolate at house and do not return to your campus community. Speak to tracers from Penn State will access out to you to offer support and guidance on the time period for isolation.
- If your test final result is damaging: Carry on to restrict interactions with individuals outside your home and get well being and safety precautions during your travel to your campus community.
Get ready for arrival: Students will have to be able to test off the subsequent:
- You have self-quarantined for at minimum 7 days right away prior to your arrival and prior to relocating in to off-campus housing.
- You are complying with vacation demands: The University’s pre-arrival examination prepare will enable students who full pre-arrival tests to meet Pennsylvania travel prerequisites to be tested inside 72 hours of moving into the point out and assist them avoid a travel quarantine.
- You are not COVID-19 favourable, do not have symptoms of COVID-19, and have not been in shut call with somebody who has analyzed good or is suspicious of having COVID-19 if you are or have been, do not return to your Penn State campus neighborhood.
Pupils can contact the COVID-19 Reaction Centre at 814-865-2121 with specific inquiries about testing or the portal.
Past Updated January 14, 2021