FORT SMITH — Practically a dozen faculty district staff will start off the 2021-22 educational calendar year in new leadership positions.
The district announced Friday it appointed existing college to fill 10 vacant principal and assistant principal work opportunities. They contains Elizabeth Adore as principal of Spradling Elementary School and Matthew Hominick as director of Belle Issue Heart, an substitute mastering school.
Christina Williams, a district spokeswoman, claimed Appreciate replaced Robyn Dawson and Hominick replaced Tony Jones, whom the district appointed as its new director of secondary instruction before this thirty day period.
Enjoy has been assistant principal of Morrison and Trusty elementary universities considering the fact that 2019, in accordance to a district information release. Adore also has served as Title 1 elementary professional and a very first- by way of fourth-quality teacher at Spradling Elementary.
Hominick, a Marine Corps veteran, has been an English trainer at Southside Significant College since 2013. His job also includes time expended as a significant university English trainer in Hartford and Pine Bluff.
The faculty district made appointments for assistant principal positions at the adhering to elementary and superior colleges:
• Prepare dinner Elementary Faculty: Cedra Flake, a fifth-grade literacy trainer at Howard Elementary University due to the fact 2016, changed Sarah Mayer.
• Southside Large School: Rachael Foster, a seventh-grade teacher at Kimmons Center College since 2019, will think a new place. Williams mentioned the district added a further assistant principal position to Northside and Southside large universities to make sure every single quality degree would have an assistant principal assigned to them for a complete of four. This is section of the district’s quality reconfiguration, which will see the significant educational facilities converted from grades 10-12 to grades 9-12 and the junior higher colleges for grades 7-9 transformed to middle educational institutions for grades 6-8, starting up this university year.
• Jeff Mosby, a technology integration professional given that 2009, also will serve as an assistant principal of Southside. He replaced Jeff Prewitt, who is now principal at the higher faculty.
• Ballman and Bonneville elementary faculties: Donna Jones, Title 1 elementary professional at Euper Lane Elementary School given that 2020, changed Laura Gladden, who is now principal at Ballman.
• Fairview Elementary Faculty: Jennifer Lyon, a library media expert at Tilles Elementary School considering that 2010, replaced Ami Griggs, who is now principal at Fairview.
• Northside Large Faculty: Jason Meharg, assistant principal of Chaffin Center University because 2019, changed Jennifer Steele, who is now the district’s assistant director of athletics and functions. Meghan Reinhart, an English instructor at Northside since 2012, will also serve as an assistant principal there, getting changed Brad Ray.
• Park Elementary College: Amanda Ming, an elementary college counselor at Prepare dinner Elementary College because 2020, changed Brooke West.