FORT SMITH — Virtually a dozen faculty district employees will start the 2021-22 academic calendar year in new management positions.
The district announced Friday it appointed current school to fill 10 vacant principal and assistant principal positions. They includes Elizabeth Love as principal of Spradling Elementary University and Matthew Hominick as director of Belle Issue Center, an alternate studying college.
Christina Williams, a district spokeswoman, stated Like replaced Robyn Dawson and Hominick replaced Tony Jones, whom the district appointed as its new director of secondary instruction before this thirty day period.
Adore has been assistant principal of Morrison and Trusty elementary universities because 2019, according to a district information launch. Like also has served as Title 1 elementary specialist and a first- through fourth-quality trainer at Spradling Elementary.
Hominick, a Maritime Corps veteran, has been an English trainer at Southside Large Faculty considering that 2013. His vocation also contains time used as a high university English trainer in Hartford and Pine Bluff.
The college district built appointments for assistant principal positions at the subsequent elementary and substantial colleges:
• Cook Elementary College: Cedra Flake, a fifth-grade literacy teacher at Howard Elementary University since 2016, changed Sarah Mayer.
• Southside High Faculty: Rachael Foster, a seventh-quality instructor at Kimmons Center University considering that 2019, will suppose a new position. Williams mentioned the district additional an additional assistant principal place to Northside and Southside higher universities to make sure each individual grade degree would have an assistant principal assigned to them for a full of 4. This is component of the district’s grade reconfiguration, which will see the significant colleges converted from grades 10-12 to grades 9-12 and the junior large colleges for grades 7-9 transformed to middle educational facilities for grades 6-8, setting up this university calendar year.
• Jeff Mosby, a technological know-how integration expert due to the fact 2009, also will serve as an assistant principal of Southside. He replaced Jeff Prewitt, who is now principal at the superior university.
• Ballman and Bonneville elementary educational facilities: Donna Jones, Title 1 elementary specialist at Euper Lane Elementary College considering that 2020, replaced Laura Gladden, who is now principal at Ballman.
• Fairview Elementary University: Jennifer Lyon, a library media specialist at Tilles Elementary Faculty considering the fact that 2010, replaced Ami Griggs, who is now principal at Fairview.
• Northside Substantial College: Jason Meharg, assistant principal of Chaffin Middle College considering the fact that 2019, replaced Jennifer Steele, who is now the district’s assistant director of athletics and routines. Meghan Reinhart, an English trainer at Northside considering that 2012, will also serve as an assistant principal there, having replaced Brad Ray.
• Park Elementary University: Amanda Ming, an elementary school counselor at Cook dinner Elementary Faculty given that 2020, replaced Brooke West.