In June of this yr, we held a paid webinar on “Handling Grievances or Protests About Articles” hosted by Dr. Steve Albrecht with unique guest speaker Barry Trott, MSLS. Mainly because of continued considerations linked to this matter, we are creating the webinar recording brazenly obtainable on Library 2.. On the recording web page is a url to obtain an emailed certification of participation for viewing the webinar.
If you are not a member of Library 2., remember to join Library 2. (no cost). At the time your membership has been permitted you will have accessibility to the recording without having payment–there is a website link on the front site of the neighborhood.
If you or your group use Market Academy, you can look for for the recording in the Library 2. Academy below the title “Free of charge Model – Dealing with Grievances or Protests About Content.” It will be accessible there for cost-free for a few months. It will keep on being for absolutely free on Library 2. indefinitely.
How do we safely and securely and very carefully cope with a person or more indignant or outraged patrons who complain about items (textbooks, movies, publications, CDs, and so forth.) in our library?
This 60-moment instruction webinar is presented by Library 2. and ALA creator and library provider, protection, and safety specialist, Dr. Steve Albrecht. Steve will be internet hosting Barry Trott, Grownup Expert services Expert with the Library of Virginia, to explore instruments and teaching that can enable when you have issues about library collections.
Barry says, “Book problems are on the increase in all types of libraries. Getting geared up to manage concerns about library elements will include a lot more than the library director and other directors. Normally, complaints need to be very first managed by frontline staff members. To hold these protests from expanding into a main media disaster, it’s crucial that general public solutions team know how to take care of person grievances. This situation involves more than just passing the offended patrons up the chain of command. It’s crucial to have a perfectly-thought-out process for personnel to rely on. This webinar will support all library staff members truly feel far more empowered all through these encounters.”
This overview session is another in our Library 2. sequence for all library employees and library leaders to react with tact and talent when it comes to grievances about what one particular or extra patrons thinks is inappropriate content material in the library. This webinar will also talk about how to tackle the safety concerns and media management relevant to an organized protest about most likely controversial elements, each in or in close proximity to your library.
COMING UP THIS THURSDAY (Compensated)
Element of the Library 2. Sequence with Dr. Steve Albrecht
This is a refresher, or a starter information, to the most powerful instruments for service, security, and security whilst carrying out library get the job done
Let’s discuss about what operates – and what doesn’t – when it will come to dealing with challenging patrons. Let’s look at assistance conditions, such as some scenarios in which you want your most effective patience, listening capabilities, and empathy. Let us emphasis on protection – coming to operate, leaving perform at day’s close, performing all close to the inside of of your creating, and producing that important transition from the library flooring back again to the “Employees Only” area, so you can get a break from folks and recharge your batteries.
And let’s deal with some of the most timely safety scenarios, pulled from the headlines from all over the place: book banners and protesters disrupting the library and its applications threats from patrons patrons who assault just about every other and may possibly threaten you and how do we de-escalate, communicate, and negotiate with patrons who have entitlement, mental health, or sobriety issues.
This is a 60-minute teaching webinar offered by Library 2. and hosted by ALA creator and library provider, basic safety, and protection professional, Dr. Steve Albrecht. This overview session is yet another in our “Essential Library Series” for all library leaders and employees. A handout copy of the presentation slides will be obtainable to all who take part.
- Service Instruments
- Safety Tools
- Stability Tools
- Communication and de-escalation ideas.
- Negotiating a safe departure from the library for our most problematic patrons.
Day: Thursday, November 17, 2022, at 2:00 pm US – Japanese Time
- $99/person – incorporates any-time obtain to the recording and the presentation slides and obtaining a participation certificate. To prepare team reductions (see down below), to post a purchase get, or for any registration problems or queries, email [email protected]
- Free for all those on personal or team all-access passes (see under).
Click Below to fork out. You can pay by credit history card, and will obtain an e mail inside of a working day with information and facts on how to attend the webinar are living and then your long lasting obtain to the webinar recording. If you have any problems registering for a webinar, if you require to be invoiced or pay by test, or if you have any queries, you should email [email protected] Take note: make sure you check your spam folder if you do not acquire your confirmation electronic mail correct absent.
Specific Team RATES (email [email protected] to prepare):
- Many unique log-ins and obtain from the identical group paid out collectively: $75 every for 3+ registrations, $65 each and every for 5+ registrations. Endless and non-expiring entry for those log-ins.
- The capability to display the webinar (reside or recorded) to a team located in the same actual physical area or in the identical digital meeting from one particular log-in: $299.
- Large-scale institutional access for viewing with personal login functionality: $499 (hosted either at Library 2. or in Market Academy). Unlimited and non-expiring entry for these log-ins.
- All-obtain yearly passes consist of unrestricted obtain to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht’s prior Library 2. webinars, furthermore dwell and recorded obtain to his new webinars for just one yr. These are hosted either at Library 2. or Niche Academy (if most popular).
- For a $499 personal all-accessibility once-a-year go to all of Dr. Albrecht’s are living webinars and recordings for one particular year, be sure to simply click below.
- Inquiries for all-accessibility organizational contracts really should be directed to [email protected]
Considering the fact that 2000, Dr. Steve Albrecht has properly trained thousands of library workforce in 28+ states, reside and on-line, in service, security, protection, and supervision. His courses are speedy, entertaining, and offer instruments that can be place to use instantly in the library workspace with all types of patrons. In 2015, the ALA posted his e-book, Library Stability: Far better Communication, Safer Amenities. He is now composing the sequel, The Harmless Library: Holding Customers, Workers, and Collections Secure, for Rowman & Littlefield.
Steve retains a doctoral degree in Company Administration (D.B.A.), an M.A. in Security Management, a B.A. in English, and a B.S. in Psychology. He is board-accredited in HR, protection administration, employee coaching, and risk assessment.
He has written 24 books on business enterprise, safety, and management matters. He lives with 6 canines, two cats, and 3 chickens. (Not all in the identical place, of class.)