FORT SMITH — Just about a dozen Faculty District employees will get started the 2021-22 educational 12 months in new management positions.
The district declared Friday it appointed current faculty to fill 10 vacant principal and assistant principal positions. This consists of Elizabeth Enjoy as principal of Spradling Elementary University and Matthew Hominick as director of Belle Position Middle, an substitute finding out university.
Christina Williams, a district spokeswoman, stated Adore replaced Robyn Dawson while Hominick replaced Tony Jones, whom the district appointed as its new director of secondary instruction previously this thirty day period.
Appreciate has been assistant principal of Morrison and Trusty elementary universities considering the fact that 2019, in accordance to a district news release. Appreciate has also served as Title 1 elementary expert and a to start with- by way of fourth-quality trainer at Spradling Elementary.
“I am extremely fired up about the prospect to return to the position the place I started off my vocation to serve the learners, teachers and families in this new job,” Adore stated.
Hominick, a Maritime Corps veteran, has been an English teacher at Southside Substantial Faculty since 2013. His career also includes time used as a high school English instructor in Hartford and Pine Bluff.
“I am enthusiastic to start this new chapter in my occupation and seem ahead to functioning with the faculty and staff of Belle Point to build a nurturing setting in which each and every university student succeeds,” Hominick explained.
The College District made appointments for assistant principal positions at the adhering to elementary and significant faculties:
• Cook Elementary College: Cedra Flake, a fifth-quality literacy teacher at Howard Elementary Faculty considering that 2016, replaced Sarah Mayer.
• Southside Significant School: Rachael Foster, a seventh-quality teacher at Kimmons Center College because 2019, will assume a new place. Williams claimed the district added another assistant principal placement to both equally Northside and Southside higher schools to guarantee each grade stage would have an assistant principal assigned to them for a total of four. This is aspect of the district’s quality reconfiguration, which will see the higher educational institutions transformed from grades 10-12 to grades 9-12 and the junior high faculties for grades 7-9 converted to middle universities for grades 6-8, starting up this faculty year.
Jeff Mosby, a technologies integration expert considering the fact that 2009, will also provide as an assistant principal of Southside. He replaced Jeff Prewitt, who is now principal at the high university.
• Ballman and Bonneville elementary universities: Donna Jones, Title 1 elementary expert at Euper Lane Elementary University because 2020, changed Laura Gladden, who is now principal at Ballman.
• Fairview Elementary School: Jennifer Lyon, a library media professional at Tilles Elementary University considering the fact that 2010, replaced Ami Griggs, who is now principal at Fairview.
• Northside High College: Jason Meharg, assistant principal of Chaffin Middle Faculty given that 2019, replaced Jennifer Steele, who is now the district’s assistant director of athletics and pursuits. Meghan Reinhart, an English trainer at Northside considering that 2012, will also provide as an assistant principal there, possessing replaced Brad Ray.
• Park Elementary School: Amanda Ming, an elementary faculty counselor at Cook Elementary College considering that 2020, replaced Brooke West.
The Fort Smith School District had the following administrative vacancies as of Monday early morning:
• Director of human sources
• Assistant principal at Chaffin Center University
• Assistant principal at Morrison and Trusty elementary educational facilities
• Assistant principal at Northside Large Faculty (extra situation because of to grade reconfiguration)
Supply: Fort Smith School District